Friday, July 11, 2014

Five for Friday! Morning Work for the Year & a SUPER Freebiel!

Hello Friends and Happy Friday! For those of you working summer school, I'm sure you are enjoying the day being Friday, I know I am. I am excited to link up with Doodle Bugs today to celebrate the end of another week!

This is how I feel...maybe is has to do with all the bleach I smell from the custodians cleaning the classroom next to us? :)

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/


I couldn't be more excited to announce that our morning work for the WHOLE year is now complete! It is bundled to save a bunch of money and it is also sold separately for each month. Being prepared for the whole year is such an amazing feeling. This morning work is Common Core Aligned. It focuses weekly on different topics and skills and is a perfect packet to correct daily and send home on Friday to keep the parents informed.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ELA-Morning-WorkBell-Work-BUNDLE-PACK-40-WEEKS-ENTIRE-YEAR-Monthly-Themed-1317892

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ELA-Morning-WorkBell-Work-BUNDLE-PACK-40-WEEKS-ENTIRE-YEAR-Monthly-Themed-1317892

I'm telling you, if you buy one item for next year, this is what you need. I know it helped my students tremendously this year and I can't wait to hear how much it has helped you and your students.

This is a BUNDLE PACK of morning work for your 3-5 ELA classroom for the ENTIRE YEAR!

This bundle pack includes monthly themed morning work targeting CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking. Specifically targeting one week of the following concepts:

 *Getting to know you activities
 * Subject *Predicate
*Sentence fragments
*Run on sentences
*Synonyms
*Antonyms
*Homophones
*Prefixes
*Suffixes
*It’s vs. Its
*Prepositions
*Adjectives
*Verbs
*Adverbs
*Articles
*Using Guide Words in a dictionary
*Editing skills
*Different types of sentences
*Alphabetical order
*Nouns
*Plural nouns
*Possessive nouns
*Pronouns
*Similes
*Onomatopoeia
*Personification
*Idioms
*Contractions
*Proper nouns
 *Conjunctions
*Compound words
*A and An
*Past/Present/Future tense
*Commas
*Commas in a series
*Understanding S and ES
*Quotations

 Each week your students will get four days of practice using, understanding, and writing out the targeted skill before the Friday quiz. The worksheets are designed to explain the targeted skill and increase in difficulty as the week progresses. Friday’s worksheet is considered a quiz grade in my classroom. The worksheets are designed to be quick, consistent, and easy to correct. This is the perfect grammar activity for grades 3-5.

January
February
 March
April
May
 June
August: Back to School Special
September
October
November
December

We use this weekly packet as an activity to start our day with. We call it “Bell Work” because as the students enter the room in the morning, they work on their packet before reading Just Right Books around the room. After the bell rings, we correct the morning work for the day. This activity allows us to squeeze meaningful grammar exercises into the day and keep the students focused all while keeping the room quiet. At the end of the week, the students take the corrected packet home. This works great for parent communication and allows the parents to see what their child is working on in the classroom.


Some more excitement to share with you is that I've finally finished our tech cards for next year. I can't wait to print these cards in color, laminate them, and attach them to a key ring. I actually might print a few copies so everyone at my tech station will have access to their own set. I loved this so much, I actually made it a freebie! Go grab these awesome cards and let me know what you think. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Tech-Choices-Task-Cards-w-QR-Codes-1317720

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Tech-Choices-Task-Cards-w-QR-Codes-1317720

I just purchased this book and cannot wait to read it. I am going to focus next year on incorporating vocabulary into ELA, SS, & Science. I am also going to be linking up for a Word Nerds book club. Stay tuned for a book review!

We just made 900 followers at our TPT Store and couldn't more excited. When we hit 1000 we are going to have a HUGE surprise! If you aren't following yet, click on the picture below and press "Follow"! This will allow you to know when we post freebies and new products that you won't want to miss out. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Pinkadots-Elementary

 It's my husband's birthday weekend, which means we will be letting him decide on the weekend plans. I'm sure it will involve tag sales and a family trip to Cabelas. Have a wonderful weekend! :)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the adorable FREEBIE - the tech choice cards! What cute graphics and all the sites we use in one place. I can't wait to laminate and have those ready for the kids!! I followed on TpT, already a blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added Word Nerds to my must read list! Our entire district is really honing in on great vocabulary development across the grade levels and subject areas. I've read Vocabulary Strategies that Work {Do This - Not That} and it was super practical and gave lots of ways to practice and assess vocabulary. Now I'm reading Inside Words by Janet Allen ... which is also very practical and an easy read.

    Happy Friday,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my brain has left for the SUMMER - ha! The tech cards are amazing. Thank you!!

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely LOVE comments and reply back to every single one. Unfortunately, the way the site is set up, you will not be notified when we reply. Make sure you have your email address linked up to your account. We will reply to you by email! Thank you SO much for stopping by and reading what we have to say.