Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sunshine Blogger Award!

Thanks to Diane at Fifth in the Middle for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! Normally I don't fill these out, but since daylight savings time hit, I haven't been able to get to sleep on time. Is anyone else having that problem? That one hour is totally kicking my butt!


The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:

  •  Post 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you

  • Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world

  • Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.


My 11 Facts

  1. I met my husband while he was a teacher and I was an intern. I now teach across the street from him.
  2. I always had trouble reading growing up and I think that helped me become an ELA teacher.
  3. I have two children, born on the same day, two years apart!
  4. I love habachi.
  5. I consider some of my online blogging friends my best friends.
  6. My favorite color is pink.
  7. I am a huge homebody. I'd rather sit on the couch in sweatpants, watching TV, than go out.
  8. I wish I didn't have college loan debt. :(
  9. We are taking our FIRST family vacation to DISNEY in August!
  10. I only drink water!
  11. I love technology (when it works)!

 Diane's Questions for me....


  • When did you start blogging? Just over a year ago!
  • Why did you start blogging?  I was inspired and needed to have a creative outlet to share my teaching adventures.
  • Are you going to Vegas for the TpT conference? No, I wish, but Disney is taking all of my $$!
  • Which of your TpT products is your best work? I seriously put all of my heart, soul, and brains into the activities I plan for my classroom. I do not sell anything that did not work for me. One of my favorite products is My Scaffolded Opinion Writing Pack! This took me forever to create and it was so worth it for the benefit of my students.
  • What is the "thing" that you're known for in your school? (In other words, when people have a question about X, they come to you.) Anything technology related. I am a tech champ so like to TRY to solve tech problems.
  • If you couldn't teach, what job would you have? I would be a great stay at home mom! hahaha ...but since we obviously need an income, I always wanted to be a pediatric nurse.
  • Where is your favorite place to shop for your teaching wardrobe? I am a Kohls girl. I am always armed with a 30% off coupon though!
  • I need a new book to read. What do you recommend? Kid Friendly: Out of My Mind! AMAZING BOOK! Adult: The Discover of Witches, absolutely awesome!
  • What is your favorite TV show? The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, or Two Broke Girls.
  • What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake! Especially from the Cheesecake Factory!
  • Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Ewww! Mustard please!


  • My Questions:
    1. If you were the principal of your school, what is one change you would make and why?
    2. What do you do in the summer?
    3. What is your favorite TPT product (that you created or used)?
    4. What is your weekend hobby?
    5. What was your favorite childhood memory?
    6. What do you feel is your weakest area in the classroom?
    7. What would be your one piece of advise for a beginning teacher?
    8. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
    9. What is one thing you would change about the educational system today?
    10. How comfortable are you with the CCSS?
    11. What is something you have too much/many of (in other words, what do you hoard)?
    My Nominations:
    I look forward to reading your responses and getting to know you all more!! ;)

    2 comments:

    1. My mom and her sister are two years apart to the day. So neat! I think I would be a great stay at home mom too...except I don't have kids...haha! Love the book Out of my Mind. I will probably do that as my next read aloud after I finish Someone Named Eva. Loved reading your responses!
      Alison
      Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

      ReplyDelete
    2. When I get a 30%, I HAVE to use it! And I wish we had a Cheesecake Factory closer!!

      ReplyDelete

    We absolutely LOVE comments and reply back to every single one. Unfortunately, the way the site is set up, you will not be notified when we reply. Make sure you have your email address linked up to your account. We will reply to you by email! Thank you SO much for stopping by and reading what we have to say.